Friday 22 May 2020

๐Ÿ‰ Master Lab Face Masks Review | SNAIL MUCIN ๐ŸŒ

I’m personally a huge lover of skincare, in particular I’m obsessed with face masks! So I absolutely love trying out new skincare ranges - of course including face masks! ✨ A particular brand I’ve decided to test out recently, is none other than the TonyMoly Master Lab Sheet Masks.
TonyMoly is a South Korean based innovative beauty brand offering affordable, skin-loving products for us skincare lovers. I’ve decided to dive into their new range and test out the Snail Mucin & Hyaluronic Acid masks... here’s what I think ๐Ÿ’ญ

Master Lab - Who are they?
Master Lab are a range produced and created by the South Korean beauty brand TonyMoly ๐Ÿค The Master Lab range is designed specifically for dull skin that is feeling dehydrated, dry and needing a boost of life! ๐ŸŒฑ If you’re skin feels like it needs some serious TLC, in the words of TonyMoly, “Our Master Lab Sheet Masks are just what the doctor ordered!” ๐Ÿ™Œ

What ingredients do they use?
Master Lab include nothing but natural and gentle ingredients with no harmful or harsh chemicals, which makes the products perfect for sensitive skin sufferers like me! ๐Ÿ˜Œ Depending on which particular mask you are going for, the ingredients can vary. Here are some of the most common ingredients used; Water Glycerin, Panthenol, Olive Oil, Ginger Root Extract, Citrus Grandis, Japonica Root Extract ๐Ÿฆ‹

What type of product is best for my skin?
It completely depends on your skin type! On their very own TonyMoly page, they have a list of which mask is best to use for your own personal skin type & why! -



How are they so affordable?
TonyMoly have been in business since 2006 and are extremely successful in South Korea; even becoming a household name! They have already pioneered the Korean beauty trends and are forever being promoted and endorsed by popular Korean Influencers ๐Ÿ’— TonyMoly are committed to perfecting skincare through ethical practises and continuous research, to make skincare fun and affordable for everyone ๐Ÿ˜Š

How often should I use the face masks?
It’s entirely up to you how often you want to pamper your face! I personally use a mask around 2-3 times a week ✨ TonyMoly directions state you should keep each mask on for 30 minutes, so you don’t want to overdo it ๐Ÿคš

Best to worst masks to use:
Both of these masks were amazing in their own ways, and I certainly wouldn’t say that one was the “worst” to use over the other; however I think I did have a favourite of the two I tried! I’ll pop my thoughts about both of the masks in full below, the overall winner is... The snail mask! ๐Ÿ˜ท๐ŸŒ 
Snail Mucin
If you're obsessed with the feeling of baby smooth skin, GET THIS BOO! I’m seeing myself reaching for this far more often since using the first mask I ordered, and I really think I have found my new addiction! I use this now as my go-to product whenever I feel that my skin is too dry and patchy. 
The packaging description tells you everything you need to know, which I will also pop below. What I also love about this range is how easy the mask is to tear off. As for the mask itself, it is super THIN and fits on my face perfectly, I sometimes use an eyebrow scissor to cut the middle between the eyes so that the mask can cover all the missed out corners. After the recommended maximum time of 30 minutes, my skin feels really moist and really fresh. The vitamin C in the mask helps my skin clear out super fast; I’m really happy overall and although the fact that the product is snail mucin based - this really didn't even cross my mind once the mask was on!

Hyaluronic Acid
Formulated with a nourishing blend of active ingredients, the Master Lab Sheet Mask Hyaluronic Acid is ideal for dry, dehydrated skin. This ultra-thin, natural cellulose mask clings to all facial contours, enhanced with Hyaluronic Acid to lock in moisture, boost elasticity and visibly plump fine lines and wrinkles.
I used the Hyaluronic Acid mask also to target my dry and chapped skin. I had high hopes for the mask after my great experience with the snail mucin based mask I used previously! This mask is also thin cellulose and is full of a ton of serum, which is great and refreshing - but also makes the mask super heavy. This mask also tingled a little bit which weirdly made my face feel extra rejuvenated! The instructions again say to leave on 20-30 minutes, so I left it on for 30 to get the maximum effect. There was quite a bit of serum remaining on my face after I removed the mask so I patted it in and let my face dry before applying moisturiser. My face definitely felt more dewy and moisturised even hours after after using this product! 

Both products worked super well for my dry, patchy and break-out prone skin! Both have super similar benefits and if you also suffer with dry, weather effected skin then I'd 100% recommend trying out the combo that I have reviewed. The only reason I have decided to rate the snail mucin mask as my fave is because I was so surprised at how I didn't let the fact that it was snail mucin put me off, haha!
Would you give this particular mask a go? Let me know!
| Instagram: @keelyeliseray
Twitter: @elisexkeely |
I purchased several Tony Moly Master Lab masks because they were Buy One Get One 50% Off at Ulta. I used the Hyaluronic Acid one first due to my super dry winter skin. This was my first time using Tony Moly masks. I have a pretty small face and as usual, the mask was pretty big for me so it took a little time and effort to get it arranged decently on my face. The mask is thin cellulose and is full of a ton of serum, which is great, but it makes the mask heavy, dripping wet, and messy. It tingled some while on. The instructions say to leave on 10-20 minutes so I left it on for 20 to get the maximum effect. There was quite a bit of serum remaining on my face after I removed the mask so I patted it in and let my face dry before applying moisturizer. My face definitely felt more dewy and moisturized even hours after after using this product even though I still could see a few dry patches.
SHARE:

11 comments

  1. Sounds like a promising brand. Will definitely try this too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! Let me know what you think :)

      Delete
  2. I love face masks and I love TonyMoly, I should try these ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yess for sure! Any in particular that you reccomend?

      Delete
  3. Loved this hun, definitely going to try it out now! My blog is - https://mollslifestyle.com if you want to connect xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Molly! Can't wait to connect xxx

      Delete
  4. I will definitely try ordering them once the lockdown ends. My mom loves to try different face masks. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For sureee! You should both have a little pamper sesh :) Thanks for reading! Xx

      Delete
  5. kn95 mask Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love learning more on this topic. If possible, as you gain expertise, would you mind updating your blog with extra information? It is extremely helpful for me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you because you have been willing to share information with us. we will always appreciate all you have done here because I know you are very concerned with our. face masks

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig